YBE is seeking a General Manager to lead our Executive Management team. We want an enthusiastic professional who is a strategic thinker, outcome driven, with the ability to inspire, lead and manage people.This position will be based in Nhulunbuy (Gove), Northern Territory and offer a great family friendly environment with fantastic fishing and beautiful beaches.
YBE trains, employs and provides career opportunities for the Yolngu people of north-east Arnhem Land. Operating profitably and effectively, YBE gives excellent service to its customers in civil earthworks, mine site rehabilitation, bulk haulage, environmental management, building and other businesses.
The General Manager is responsible to the YBE Board for the efficient and effective leadership of YBE Business and Operations. In this role, you will be accountable for the provision and execution of works circa $20Mpa, with a focus on the development of new business and for the delivery of contracted works. Guide and deliver long-term strategies and focus on quality services and community engagement. The General Manager must ensure that YBE complies with and meets its obligations.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals and Board reports
- Provide direct management of key department managers in the business
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of contracts
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure and talent
- Communicate strategy and results
- Oversee the continuous improvement of Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality systems
- Engage with the YBE Board in organisational strategic planning
- Ensuring the development and implementation of a clear strategic plan
- Support the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development
- Oversee daily operations of the business which includes overview of rates and understanding of the calculations
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated success in a senior management role, ideally with an organisation delivering services involving Aboriginal communities.
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships with key community and government agency stakeholders to achieve organisational objectives and build the reputation of the organisation
- The ability to lead and direct department teams and to build a culture of positive service delivery
- Capability to communicate and liaise at a high level with businesses and Government
- Market and raise the brand name of the company
- Experience and a thorough understanding of corporate governance principles and contemporary approaches to financial management and reporting.
- Experienced in systematic delivery and driving business growth
- Strong understanding of compliance and regulatory obligations
- Extensive experience leading a large and a diverse operational workforce
- Formal Project Management qualification would be advantageous
- Formal Business qualification would be advantageous
- Attractive Salary
- Subsidised Accommodation
- Relocation Assistance
- Holiday Airfare Allowance
Closing date: 24 August 2018
Enquiries: HR Recruitment Team - email@example.com - 08 8987 0900